Monday, December 28, 2009

Glass Etched Goodies Jar using the Cricut - Video

Things that are not on the video:

1. Leave etching cream on at least 45 minutes. ( Edit.....see tip from LorraineB in comments. It sounds like if you get a good thick coat of cream on your design, you only have to leave it about 15 minutes). Just play with it and see what works for you.
2. Etching cream will not wipe off. Wash cream
off under running water.
3. The brown on my jar was done with Elmer's
fine tip painter pens.


Cricut cartridges used: PSB, PDDU, & MTG.
Cartridge abbreviation list can be found on the
left hand side of my blog.






Be sure to watch both videos part 1 & 2 to see project from
start to finish.






7 comments:

  1. Well, I think it turned out ADORABLE and as a grandma, I would be more than proud to have it sitting on my counter!!! Thanks so much for sharing your project!! I've REALLY missed your videos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your video! I tried my first etching project for a Christmas gift. I have found that a soft bristle brush adds the cream a little smoother, and avoids any missed spots. I hold my project up to the light and look inside. You can get a better view of where the cream is from the inside. I also don't leave the cream on quite that long. 10-15 min. max. I then run the project under running water. You probably wiped yours for the making of the video. I still have some tweaking to do to my etching projects. I hope my tips are helpful. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    LorraineB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you LorraineB...I will give a softer brush a try. I appreciate the tip.

    Yes, it does not good to try and wipe the cream off, lol. Must have running water. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the cookie jar, and this Grandma would be porud to have it on her kitchen counter too! Thank you so much for making and sharing this video with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I think it came out cute! My son thinks so too, he is turning 11 on New Years Day and said you did your best for your first time. So keep trying and we look forward to see your next projects soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I love this...I do the glass etching all the time.
    I did our whole set of dishes to match our decor. I love it :)
    Your is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool idea! Thanks for posting this.
    Awesome job !!! keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!