Monday, July 30, 2012

More Fall Cards

Fall ... the season of change and I sure wish it would hurry up and do so! If only wishing would make it so. :)
This is not a typical sized card, but rather a tall ... skinny card.  Sometimes you gotta change it up a bit.
  Embossed background - Cuttlebug embossing folder. 
Leaves - Cricut Designer's Calendar cartridge
 Rake is handmade and inspired by my love of old garden items.  The more modern rakes on my Cricut cartridges just didn't give the aged feel I was looking for ... so I created my own by cutting strips of cardstock and gluing together.  To make the rake tines more realistic I curled down the tips.  

I purposely tried to rough the edges of this card for something different.  
Cricut Cartridges:
Simply Charmed - tree
My Community - fence
Designer's Calendar - leaves
That's it ... nice and simple.  Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful cards...totally LOVE the rake! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards. I really like how you make your own rake. I love old garden tools also. Great Job!

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love them both...especially the homemade rake...very clever to make your own. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are just beautiful. Maybe I can get some made before fall gets here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Love to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love this card Lisa! Fall, the best time of the year! Your handmade rake is the best, I just love that you curled the tines under!! Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creations are always amazing!! I can hear the leaves crunching under my feet right now. Can't wait until fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!