Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SWEET SHOPPE - Explosion Box with a Twist - LOTS of Pictures

 There's just something about cute little boxes that look like candy stores.  They are super fun to make and are oh so cute.  This box has a new little twist ... a cute little window.  I recycled the round plastic packaging that was covering my new powder compact.  It's the perfect size to create a window.  Because it has some depth to it ... it's kind of like a bay window. :)
I cut the box out by hand ... then cut the window opening on the Criuct and used my Gypsy to get it just right.
 Cupcake cardstock is from the DCWV Sweet Stack.  Plastic hearts hanging in the window are from my stash.
 Rosettes are made with the Tim Holtz Rosette die.  Cupcakes are cut from the Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge at 3/4".
 Fiskars border punch was used to create the scalloped awnings.

EKSuccess punch was used for the scalloped "window".

Swirly pink cardstock is also from the DCWV Sweet Stack.

 Now for the inside ...  I left a place to tuck a gift card beside the gumball machine, but did not make it to hold pictures.  Although that would be cute too.

Of course I had to include a cute little banner since they are all the rage at the moment.

  Every candy store needs a gumball machine and I found the perfect one on the Cricut Wrap it Up cartridge. Gumballs are tiny rain dots.  Glossy Accents is layered over the top of the rain dots to look like glass.



The candy counter with an old fashioned candy jar (cut from the gumball machine on the Wrap it Up cartridge).  Tiny candy pieces are from a punch I've had for years.  Ice cream sundae and cupcakes are from the Sweet Treats cartridge.  Liquid Applique and glitter are used to "frost" the cupcakes.
Inside view of the window.  I used hot glue to attach it, but think cool temp glue might preserve the plastic a little better.
Sentiment is computer generated.
Inside overview ... with the "flame" on the cake lit.  Flowers on the cake are from a MS punch.
Isn't it the sweetest little cake?!  This is the dainty little cake I had in mind when I was doing the Birthday Explosion box, but did not quite get it pulled off. ;)  Thanks to a wonderful idea by a very talented crafter I was able to get it right this time. :)  She uses a tea light as the base of the cake and the flame as the candle.  Now how clever is that?!  Click HERE to go to her tutorial over at SCS.
I decided I wanted a double layer cake, but I needed to be able to access the bottom of the tea light to turn it on.  To get the top layer to stay put, but keep it easy to remove ... I used thin magnets.  They work perfect to hold it in place.  The magnets I used are by Basic Grey and can be found at Joanns.com.
The flame on my candle is red ... why you ask?  Because they are Halloween tea lights, lol.  That's all I had and decided it would look just fine. :)
Whew ... that was a lot of pictures to upload, lol.  If you made it this far ... thanks for sticking with me.  I hope it inspires you to get creative and have some fun.

18 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!! This is the sweetest thing ever! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back to creating again, your stuff is amazing, and while you took a break I missed you soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny ... Thank you sooo much! You are so sweet!! It's so good to be back and nice to know I was missed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SISTER.....you are amazingly talented!!! This blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies. Glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check you blog out every day and every time you put something new on, I am totally amazed. You have amazing talent. Thanks for sharing all that you do!

      Delete
  7. Oh my scrappy goodness! This is beyond fantastic! Love it to pieces and will have to lift a little for a dgd bday coming up@ You are so uber talented, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG......you are so creative. What a fabulous project, love all the special detail. TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, that is the most amazing explosion box EVER! Such fabulous detail. Your talent is awesome. Arriving her on your blog is always sweet, today even more so!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turned out darling! Love the double layer cake. I will have to remember this for my next birthday gift. Such a great idea.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is amazing & beyond cute! your eye for detail is impeccable! thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness this is the cutest.
    You have such an eye for detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen!-

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! Iwatch your utube videos over and over!!!
    You are so uber talented.There are nowords to describe exactly how amazing you are!
    Please don't everbstop crafting.You are suchban inspiration.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow; awesome! Thank you for the inspiration and sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!