Thursday, October 20, 2016

From Outdated to Cute... Built In Message Center...

 I'm not sure I ever considered this window to be pretty, but when remodeling our kitchen back in 2013 I knew the nineties window had to go.  However, I didn't like the thought of leaving it completely open nor did I want to completely block it off.  Our patio door is on the other side so it lets light in and I can glance through the window to see out the door.  

 Then I thought of all the cute message centers on Pinterest...the ones made from picture frames.  Well...why not a built in one?!  That's when I knew chicken wire was my answer.  It would be a barrier, but not completely close it off ...not to mention cute! It also made the perfect roost for my cast iron rooster.  

Fortunately... I had a nice little grove that the glass set in.  I cut my chicken wire just a tad larger than needed and simply tucked the wire into the grove.  That's it...no nails, no glue, no nothing!  Red is one of my accent colors so I gave the wire a quick pass of red spray paint and added some cute little clothes pins.

It's been 3 years and I'm still very happy with my decision to remove the outdated glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!