Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Hiding Ugly Electric Cords Without Big Bulky Wraps...

I came across a beautiful vintage silver tea set.  This set me on a path to reworking my dining room decor.  More pics of all that coming soon, but for now... I needed to hide the ugly cords on my vintage milk glass lamps.

 I did not want a big bulky cord wrap, but rather wanted something that hugged the cord and was less noticeable.

 The idea quickly came to tie strips of cotton fabric to the cord rather than a one piece wrap.

Rather than leaving the tails longer... creating what looked like bows tied to the cord... I cut the tails really short to create almost a knot effect.  I love the clean, trimmed down look.  Such an easy and inexpensive way to hide those ugly cords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!