Monday, November 21, 2016

For the past few months I've been collecting old pins, brooches, earrings, etc.  I had planned to make one of those cute jeweled trees on Pinterest.  The ones that are in the shape of a tree and glued into a picture frame.
 Then I had an Ah Ha moment as I was setting up some of my mini trees for Christmas.  My first though was to create tree toppers with my little angel pins.  Once I did that I couldn't resist bejeweling at least one of the trees. :)
 It was super easy and I love how it turned out.  The clip earrings easily attach to the branches.  For the pins and brooch's I closed the clasp and slipped the tip of the branch through it.  For regular earrings I carefully wrapped the tip of the branch around the post and added the back of the earring.
Since these are lightweight mini trees...the key is to evenly place the jewels so it's not heavy on one side.  Lighter weight jewels work best.  I'll show my other trees that only have a toppers on them, soon.  I've got them all on my entry table...so I like having one granddaddy tree and the others around it with their toppers, only.

I hope you've been inspired! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!